Do you ever stop and look back on your life and wonder how in the heck you got to where you are. I've been doing that. I've felt off lately and I realize that I'm not really liking where I'm at as a person right now. I love my family and I love my husband and kids but I'm not liking me very much. I need to start being better about reading my scriptures and praying and being closer to the spirit. I know that's what I need to do and I want to change but for some reason I just don't do it. It must be because I'm lazy or something. I mean seriously how can you sit there and know that if you change a tiny bit it will make me feel so much better as a person but I don't! It's really annoying to me. I'm annoying myself with my lack of doing. I need to stop thinking and just do it. durrrrrrrrrrr
and that's that.
3 comments:
I love you Britt!! We all have those times when we take a moment and realize we want a little change, so I'm happy that you understand what it is that will really make the difference. We miss you and hope all is well with your little family. PS Happy Birthday Holger!
Yup, I'm with you.
I'm going through a similar stumbling block myself, and it's seriously throws me off when my mind is telling me "the right way" to handle a situation but my mouth goes off doing the opposite, like saying mean/selfish things to my husband instead of being grateful.
I've learned that I'm really a mean person this past month. (Or maybe I'm pregnant? lol.)
Anyway, good luck with the prayer and scripture thing. It's ALWAYS difficult to get into the groove of things, and further to keep it consistent. My suggestion just start one area at a time, like with morning prayer and always ask in your morning prayer that you'll be prompted and reminded to read your scriptures during the day. But, if you dont, that's okay, but always say your prayers.
Okay bye.
I feel like I struggle with this often as well. I have the hardest time motivating myself to become closer again to the Heavenly Father even though I know I need that the most. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers! You can do it!
Post a Comment