So on Thursday I was spotting and went into labor and delivery to get checked out. I was having a few contractions and they gave me a shot of trebutaline to stop them. they got them stopped and went home later that day. I was there for five hours. I had a feeling I wasn't done and when I woke up yesterday I started having contractions again. I waited for a bit to let my medicine work but they kept coming every five minutes. I went in around 5 that evening and had two more shots of trebutaline. That stuff sucks, it makes you really shaky but it's not as bad as a magnesium drip. If I would have needed the mag I would have had to be there 24 hours. My nurse checked me and I was still closed up, that was awesome news. She gave me an IV to get fluids in me and after two liters and a few trips to the bathroom we got them stopped. They put me on another medication call Nifedipine (I was on it with Madelyn too) and was told to take 10mg every six hours along with the sulindac I was taking twice a day anyway. I knew that 10mg wouldn't be enough and sure enough this morning I started having contractions again. I called my doc at home (I know a no no)to tell him I thought I should be on 20mg. It was a really funny conversations. I called and his wife answered and I asked for my doc. She asked my name and I told her and she was like "Oh ok hold on" So I talk to him and tell him I think I should be on 20mg every six hours instead of 10mg. He thought it was pretty funny and said that I would be fine to do that and if the contractions don't stop to go back into the hospital.
Long story short I should be my own doc because I haven't had a contractions all day unless it was because I needed to pee. I'm awesome.
2 comments:
Way to know your stuff Brittle Bee!! I'm SOO happy the baby's holding in there for so long. I sure miss you guys as well, and YEAH-we'll have to make plans for this summer.
YIKES! I'm glad it all turned out good! I was praying sooo hard! We need that lil guy to stay in there!
Post a Comment