Holger and I met on lds mingle (a match making place) December 17, 2005. We talked everyday for hours until the day we met in person on February 21, 2006 (I think that's right) We knew then that we were meant for eachother. I was hot and attractive with an awesome sense of humor and he was hot, attractive, with an awesome sense of humor (ok ok I'm not that shallow it just sounds funny) let's just say there were deffinate sparks. After two days he proposed to me at my favorite spot, the swing set. I flew back home after our time together and went back to work at Baskin Robbins. I was missierable with out my man. So my best friend Jeanne comes into work and tells me "What are you waiting for? Go get married." This was difficult because Holger was from Calgary and I am from Oregon but it felt right and we booked the flight and the temple and were married March 17, 2006! A two week engagement.

Our adventure together was just begining. I moved up to Canada and we stayed with his parents. I got pregnant really fast and we were shocked but excited. We went back to Oregon the end of April so we could have a wedding reception in my home town on May 5. That was a blast. We came home and sadly the day after mothers day I miscarried. I was devastated, but four months later we got pregnant with our second. Around September we decided that we wanted to move to Oregon and Holger began the porcess of getting a student Visa. We both decided that it was best that I go down early and get a doctor since we would be moving down there right before the baby was born anyway and that I should have a doc I was familiar with. Holger came down for Christmas and to our sad suprise my body got an infection and we had Matthew Ethan Kleiner at 23 weeks gestation. He was 1 lb 3.2 ounces and 12 inches long. I don't like to say he was 12 inches because he had a really big cone head. So he was probably around 11 and a half. He was a cutie! He lived for about 2 hours and then passed away in our arms. We love and miss our little boy but know he is in the best place he can be besides our arms.

We are now pregnant with our little Madelyn Rene! She is a fiesty little turky (just like her mommy) I know she will be fun but a handful at the same time. Like I said before wer are at St Lukes until she is far enough along that we can go home. It's a good thing we have her room and pretty much everything we needed for her before all this went down. All that's left to get is a car seat and a stroller. Of course if we have her here we will get the car seat but I'm hoping well get it as a gift (hee hee) I am currently 32 weeks and only have at least three more weeks to go before we can go home. I'm stuck on bed rest for those three weeks and and trying really hard to not go nuts :) I have lots I can do to keep me busy and Holger is here with me, so it's not so bad.
That's our almost two years of marraige so far! Full of baby drama and moving but we are staying strong and love eachother more and more everyday.
1 comment:
I don't think I've ever known your whole story before. What a strong bond you two must have! you have been through so much in such a short amount of time. I love that you have a blog!
-bethany
Post a Comment